Failure to obey the instructions and safety rules in the appropriate Operator's Manual and Service Manual for your machine will result in death or serious injury. Many of the hazards identified in the operator’s manual are also safety hazards when maintenance and repair procedures are performed.
Do Not Perform Maintenance Unless:
- You are trained and qualified to perform maintenance on this machine.
- You read, understand and obey:
- manufacturer’s instructions and safety rules
- employer’s safety rules and worksite regulations applicable governmental regulations
You have the appropriate tools, lifting equipment and a suitable workshop.
Enabling Jib Side Swing for Electric Booms
Models Affected: JLG Boom Lifts with Jibs
When a new power or ground module is installed in a JLG electric boom, Machine Set Up must be accessed to turn on certain features. One common question that comes into the call center is, "How do I turn on the jib side swing?” To turn on the jib side swing with an analyzer, take the following steps:
JLG Analyzer P/N
- Enter the code “33271” from the “Access Level 2” menu.
- Press Enter for the “Access Level 1” menu.
- Press the “Right Arrow” key to access the “Machine Set Up” menu.
- Press Enter on “Machine Set Up.”
- Press the “Right Arrow” key until you find “jib.” Press Enter.
- Press the “UP” arrow key to change the selection to display “2=side swing.”
- Shut the machine down so it accepts the change.