97:15 - Water in Fuel Indicator - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Least Severe LevelRelated models
The water in the fuel sensor has detected that there is water in the fuel.
Note: The fuel/water separator is located in slightly different locations depending on the model or brand of the machine.
Water in the Fuel
Water in the fuel/fuel tank
1. Locate the fuel/water separator filter in the engine compartment of the machine.
2. Drain the filter until only fuel is draining out and then prime the fuel filter with clean fuel.
3. To clear the fault code, start the engine and leave it idle for one minute.
4. If the code did not clear, verify that there is not water in the fuel/water separator filter again. This would be an indication of water intrusion into the fuel tank so check any external seals.
5. If there is not water in fuel/water separator filter, then the sensor is faulty and needs to be replaced.